Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My to-do list 2: Talk slower

I have been and always been talking fast, too fast.

You might be thinking 'oh so you knew it!! but why are you still talking soooo fast?'

I have been wanting to answer this question, digging holes to my heart and brain, but I am sorry, I am seriously clueless.

I guessed I am born to be. That's the only reason that makes sense.

Other possible rationalities?
(a) I am good with language (no, 'cause talking quickly doesn't makes any effective relationship with language level, for instance i am still bad in English)
(b) I have lungs with small capacity, so I have to breathe more often (so I have to finish the sentence before my next in/exhale)
(c) I am always nervous ( okay i have to admit that i kinda get nervous easily and i do talk quicker and mumbles when i am nervous, but hell, it's not like it makes sense that i am nervous 24-7!)

See, I couldn't figure what is the reason behind except this lousy excuse that I am born to be so.

Anyway, it's not like I never try to speak slower. There were several times at different point of my life that i did make efforts to talk slower and clearer. But those never works. Speaking slower makes me sounds emotionless and monotonous, it just sounds weird. And I get back to the usual 129867663298175666498km/SEC talking speed me almost immediately. Ugh.

No it's a new decade i think it's time (hahas).

So this is kinda like my new year resolution, I wanna speak slower, clearer. Gimme courage and persistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment